Seafood: tastes good, does even better
One of the star products of the Portuguese gastronomy, seafood is not only good but also brings numerous health benefits.
Find out now some reasons why you should include seafood in a varied and healthy diet.
- Cardiovascular Benefits. Rich in Omega 3 and the so-called “good fats”, seafood helps reduce cholesterol, decreases blood clotting while relaxing and decreases inflammation in the blood vessels.
- Ideal for joints. It is proven that regular intake of seafood relieves symptoms of arthritis, with studies showing a relationship between the intake of Omega 3 and the reduction of stiffness in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Eye health. Essential fatty acids offer protection against macular degeneration of the eye (AMD), a condition in which fine vision deteriorates, resulting in central vision loss. Regular consumption of seafood also helps to improve night vision.
- Skin and hair. Seafood nutrients make the skin look younger; they help hair grow and keep it strong and healthy.
- Provides essential nutrients. Shellfish is a well-known source of vitamins and minerals. These include vitamin A, which helps increase immunity to reproductive function, and vitamin D, a precious ally in bone growth, calcium absorption, increased immune system effectiveness and also cell growth.
If with these reasons you are still not convinced, know that Roxa has the perfect utensils to taste seafood without complications.